She used to have a reputation for being an excellent sleeper. No one has asked lately, but if they did, I'd tell them she's not living up to the hype these days. She's still sleeping really well at night, but naps are another story. They're very sporadic.
Yesterday, for example, Sydney woke up about 30 minutes into her afternoon nap. In this mommy's book, 30 minutes doesn't count as a full nap! I think one of the reasons Sydney has always been a pretty good bedtime sleeper is because we've had a good routine since she was about nine weeks old. The last thing we do, right before we lay her in bed, whether she's awake or asleep, is sing "You Are My Sunshine." It's our sleepy time song, and we only sing it when it's time for sleeping. Anyway, yesterday, I went up to Syd's room after her brief 30 minute pause. I felt sorry for her, since she'd been sick all week, so I picked her up and sat down in the rocking chair with her. We rocked and I shushed, but she was fighting sleep with all she had. In my final effort, I was forced to sing THE song in an effort to get her back to sleep. She immediately realized what I was doing and poked her little bottom lip out as far as she could as she began to cry. I kept singing. In her final effort, she picked up her pacifier, held it up for a minute, and then TRIED TO STUFF IT IN MY MOUTH! She really thought she was going to shut me up?!
Sassafrass.

Hysterical!
ReplyDelete