It's official- you've now been on the outside longer than you were inside! I remember what life was like before you, but that seems so very long ago. I was thinking today how thankful I am that God chose me to be YOUR mommy... I am so lucky!
- We're going for your nine-month check up at the end of this week and will get your official stats then, but I'm pretty sure you're still around 15 lbs. You can still comfortably wear most 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers. You're the oldest and smallest in your playgroup. I love that you're so tiny and petite.
- You're a girl on the move! In addition to crawling everywhere, you are cruising now too, walking along the furniture. You easily move from the ottoman to your exersaucer to your play table. You pull up to a stand all the time, and have let go and stood alone once or twice. Sometimes you crawl on your hands & toes, instead of the traditional hands & knees, and I'm afraid that's my doing. You learned to accomodate for all the pretty dresses I put on you, and I think you just automatically go up on your toes sometimes. I'm so proud that you figured out how to adjust and not be slowed down.
- You still don't have any teeth, although you've expanded you menu. It's pretty clear that you prefer homemade food purees to the store bought baby food. Plums are a new addition this month, and I think you like them. You go nuts over zucchini & squash with garlic! You're getting pretty good with your sippy cup and you've mastered feeding yourself puffs & cheerios. I've given you several different fruits to try feeding yourself, but you seem more interested in playing with them than eating them. (I can't say I blame you) You have been trying to help me feed yourself with the spoon lately. It's messy, but you're learning and doing great!
- We've been working on signing with you. Your first "sign" was touchdown! You're also learning more, daddy, mommy, eat, and milk. You're still babbling a lot, however you haven't said your first true word yet.
- When you're really happy, you clap your hands and bounce up and down and squeal. You do this every day when Daddy gets home from work.
- We started going to a "Play & Learn" class at Gymboree; we call it "Baby Gym". You seem to really enjoy it and interact well with the other babies in your class. Your favorite activities are bubbles and parachute time.
- You haven't been napping very well during the day. You have started waking up after about 45 minutes... almost every time! Sometimes you go back to sleep; sometimes you refuse. I never know how long you're going to sleep, which makes it difficult to get things done. Fortunately, you still nap really well in your car seat and do great when we're on the go. When you're at home in your own bed, you are an excellent nighttime sleeper. You usually go to bed around 7:30 and wake up between 6:30 - 7:00. You drop your pacifiers over the rail of your crib when you're upset.
- You love going to the pool, especially now that you can walk around the baby pool. You're getting more and more brave about sticking your face in the water. Lately, your favorite toys are Mommy's laptop, the remote control, cell phones, laundry in the hamper in your room, springy door stops, and paper.Syd, every day, Daddy & I wake up and look at each other and ask, "Do you want to go get her, or can I?" We love seeing your face each morning! Every night, I walk into your room "to check on you", but really it's just that I want one more gtlimpse of you before I go to sleep. It seems like you are changing and growing leaps and bounds every week, and each new phase or step is better than the last. Daily, we think we couldn't possibly love you any more, and then something happens and we KNOW that our love is constantly swelling. We love you, Sweet Pea, in ways we didn't even know were possible. Happy Birthday, Big Tiny Girl!
love, mommy



No comments:
Post a Comment