Saturday, August 28, 2010

A New Chapter

This was a big week for Sydney. Last Friday, we went to her 9-month check-up at the pediatrician's (already?!). She measured 15 lbs, 5 oz and 27 inches-- sweet teeny girl! The doctor encouraged me to "fatten her up" and gave us the thumbs up to begin table food. "But how?" I asked him. "She doesn't have any teeth!"

"Yes she does!"

Yep, this slacker mommy didn't even see my baby's first tooth when it finally appeared! In my defense, just the top corner had broken through, and it was on the backside of her gums (and I had just nursed her that morning) so I'm pretty sure it was FRESH! I felt pretty rotten, though, that he had to point it out to me. I did, however, find the second one when it appeared a few days later! Syd has been a champ, and we haven't noticed any changes in her behavior or other "symptoms" of teething at all this week.

In celebration of her teeth and the green light to eat real food, Syd has done some MAJOR trying new things this week! I'd have to say at this point, I think her favorite is the chocolate shake from Sonic that we shared (but who can really blame her?). She's also had waffles, pancakes, Nilla wafers, ice cream, cheese, mashed potatoes, and mexican rice. And loved it all!



It's been a fairly quiet week aside from Syd's food adventure, but the days have been so sweet. The weather has been beautiful and we've gotten out a lot, and Sydney is just so much fun lately. I love the personality that's developing in our precious girl- she's funny and independent and fun and sassy and thoughtful and inquisitive and fearless... It's a blast around our house!

These are the days...

1 comment:

  1. We didn't know Raegan's first tooth had broken through until we heard it clinking against a glass of water she picked up. She has 8 teeth now with 4 molars coming through, and I still feel like I'm always a step behind in catching on ;)

    ReplyDelete