Today was a really fun day. We didn't do anything exceptional, it was just a good day with my girl!
We went to playgroup this morning, which is always great. We've been meeting weekly with four other moms and babies since February. It's been so cool to see the five of them grow up together. The first time we all got together, we laid the girls on a blanket and watched them kick their little feet. Today we watched them come crawling and nearly tackle each other to get to the Cheerios! The two boys better watch out-- they're going to get run over one of these days!
After Sydney's afternoon nap, we went to Publix. It was about as exciting as grocery shopping can get (ie: not at all) but it's fun going anywhere with Syd when she's in a good mood. She smiled and waved at everyone in the store, which always makes me proud. When we got home, I let Syd play in the living room while I put away groceries. She got a notebook off the coffee table and pulled it into her little lap on the floor. When I walked over to see what she was into, she quickly looked up with a sheepish, guilty grin, pushed the notebook aside, and crawled away as quickly as she could- giggling all the way. I'm pretty sure if she could talk, she would have said, "What? I'm not playing with anything I'm not supposed to!" It was adorable, and I couldn't help but laugh.
Tonight, when I was feeding her dinner, she was so excited about squash & zucchini mash that she nearly jumped out of the highchair.
And a few minutes ago, we heard a soft cry and turned on the monitor to check on her. Rob and I watched her fumble sleepily around her bed for about a minute before she finally found a pacifier and snuggled down into the corner of her crib with her booty up in the air.
Like I said, it was a pretty ordinary day. But it makes my heart happy to have "ordinary days" like this.
beautiful ordinary day - love it! :)
ReplyDeleteReally good to see you this weekend.
well said!
ReplyDelete