Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Two weeks old!


I guess this is a picture of Sydney's second outing with Mommy & Daddy- on our way to her two-week check-up with the pediatrician. Her first was the jaundice check that led to a trip to Children's Hospital, and I hate thinking about that. I'm thinking I'll probably wait to write in her baby book about her first FUN outing rather than a trip to see the doctor. Another high-point of this week's check-up: it was the first time Rob and I saw Sydney's pediatrician not half-asleep and in our pajamas since our initial interview (he made early rounds in the hospitals, and always managed to catch us right before our alarm clock!). I'm glad he finally got to see us looking normal!
There was one other minor event at the pediatrician's office that I forgot to mention- he removed the umbilical cord from Syd's bellybutton! He examined it and said that it was looking good, and before we knew what was happening, he said to her, "Eh- you don't need this any more" and popped it right out! We'd been trying to hard to be careful with it, and he just pulled it out like it was nothing! Fortunately, it didn't seem to bother Sydney... our little girl is growing up so fast.
With the loss of her bellybutton stump (and the discovery of her very deep little bellybutton!), that meant she could finally have a real bath! So that's exactly what we did to celebrate her two-week birthday. It was hard to tell how she felt about it. She didn't cry, which was a huge relief, but she also didn't exactly seem to love it. I'm hoping that once she gets a little bigger (and doesn't slide down in the sling so easily) she'll begin to enjoy bathtime and we'll all have fun playing in the water. I was really thankful she didn't poop in the tub!
Below are the pictures from Syd's two-week photo shoot. All the modeling wore our girl out pretty quickly! (So we did one extra picture after her bath-- just in case)


Happy Birthday, Sweet Baby Girl!

2 comments:

  1. She's just too cute!! I hear she's not as "chunky" as pictures might make her out to be. I can't wait for my baby girl to meet her!!! They'll be fast friends for sure. Just like their mommies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that time lapse sequence. Going, going, gone! So sweet. God bless the three of you!

    ReplyDelete