November 18- 18 hours old
It's crazy to think that one month ago today you came into our world. Even though so much has happened in your first month, it feels like yesterday when we locked eyes for the first time. You've changed so much already.
- You weigh 8-9 lbs (8 lbs, 7 oz last week) and wear size Newborn clothes. Some of your newborn clothes are still too big!
- You are starting to smile more every day. I don't think it's intentional yet, but you're practicing quite a bit and I can't wait for the day when I KNOW you're smiling back at me on purpose because you're happy!
- You are pretty laid back. You don't usually cry unless something is wrong (mostly if you're hungry or your tummy hurts after you eat). Riding in the car puts you to sleep every time.
- You sleep a LOT! It's not unusual for you to sleep about 20 hours in a day. But you're starting to have more awake time, which we love. You sleep really well at night, in 4-5 hour stretches most of the time.When you're awake, you really like it when we hold you up high on our chests and talk close to your face.
- You are a good eater, and would eat until you puke every feeding if I would let you! I've let you do that a few times because you were acting especially hungry, but then I felt guilty for overfeeding you.
- Your neck is getting stronger, and you try to hold your head back and look at us when we hold you on our shoulders. You don't really like tummy time though- and rather than lift your head to practice turning it, you like to stick your fingers in your mouth and go straight to sleep instead.
- This week, you've started paying attention when you hear Mommy's or Daddy's voice, and you look around if you hear us but don't see us.
December 17- 1 month old
We love you, Pumpkin! We couldn't be more proud to be your parents! Love, Mommy & Daddy
.jpg)
.jpg)
She is precious, Jess!
ReplyDelete