Sydney's first outing was a success! I needed to go to LifeWay for a brief meeting, so we got dressed and set out for Syd's first trip to anywhere besides the doctor's office or family's house. She was an angel- she slept peacefully through my meeting and was a doll the whole time we were there. (To my co-workers who we didn't see today, I'm sorry- we didn't really pace the halls visiting. She's too little and has already had respiratory issues and no shots. I'll bring her back for a true visit another day.) I love this picture of her & Rob tonight!
Mommy's brag: Sydney slept SO GOOD last night! She went down at 9:30pm and slept until 2:30am-- FIVE HOURS-- and then slept another 4 hours after she ate. You're an angel, Baby Girl! Thanks for letting Mommy get some rest!
Mommy's booboo: I've been nervous about clipping Sydney's nails since before she was born. I even asked the nurse to cut them for me when she was still in the hospital. Her little claws grow fast, though- so much so that we've lovingly called her "Sydney Scissorhands" when she's scratched us. Well, tonight, I blew it- I cut her fingertip with the clippers. I felt terrible!!! Not only did I cut my poor baby's finger, but I did it while she was sleeping and woke her from a perfectly good nap. Ouch- I stink!!

Fortunately, so far, I have not done that. If you push the skin right under her nail down a bit you can see the white part of the nail better so you're less likely to get the skin. And you may only need to trim a tiny bit at a time. Be thankful that her nails grow so quicly, it's a sign of good nutrition. What a good girl for sleeping so long. Keep it up!
ReplyDeletewell jess, there goes your mother of the year award :( I'M KIDDING!!! you already get the award for being sooooo strong during an incredibly hard time. you rock and she probably doesn't even remember it (and i won't remind her when she's older that mommy accidentally clipped her skin) muchh love girlie!!!
ReplyDelete