Friday, July 2, 2010

Sydney's Island Adventure: Day 1

Alooooooooo-hhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Ok, we're not quite to the islands yet, but we made it to California and I'm telling you I could smell the ocean even at LAX. We're close! (At least, a lot closer than we were this morning!)

Sydney is turning out to be a very good little traveler! We had "one of those mornings" at home today, so I wasn't sure what to expect on our four-hour flight (eek!) but she did fabulous! Of course it could have been better... she does NOT like nursing under cover, she was a little antsy off & on, she wasn't very interested in hanging out with Daddy or Uncle Ryan... but she never cried for more than about 30 seconds at a time, and I feel pretty confident that none of the other passengers around us got off the plane and complained to their friends about that annoying baby sitting nearby.

The flight was definitely made a little more fun by the cabin crew's celebration of Uncle Ryan's birthday. Over the loudspeaker, they asked anyone named Ryan whose birthday was today to raise their hand. She then had everyone on the plane close their window shades- making the whole plane dark- and press their flight attendant call button- lighting up the ceiling. As the entire flight sang happy birthday, our stewardess presented Ryan with a "cake" and "gift" from the crew-- a decorated roll of toilet paper, complete with drink stirrer "candles" and a barf bag full of snacks. I'm glad they did that for him!

We got checked into our hotel near the airport for the night and laid Sydney on the bed to stretch out a little bit... she was hilarious! I don't know if she was giddy about finally being able to move around or delirious from staying up way past her bedtime, but she rolled and wiggled and talked and giggled for almost 30 minutes nonstop! She would lay down, roll over, and sit up, and then fall over and repeat over & over again. She also started babbling bababababa for the first time, which was totally cute. I'm so mad that I didn't get the video camera out- Rob & Ryan & I were just watching her and laughing. She's now completely sacked out, the guys went to get us In & Out burgers, and I'm just sitting her resting in the quiet for a few minutes. Sorry, no pictures tonight!

And our next update will be from the Big Island... yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment