Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 17 - Eight Months Old

Oh Sweet Syd,
Happy Birthday, sweet Baby Girl! I'm a day late writing this month; we spent yesterday flying home from our vacation. It seems like you have grown so much and learned so many new things this past month; you experienced a lot of new things too... your first Servpro convention, first trip to the beach, first boat ride, first trip into another time zone... You are tons of fun, and such a doll! This month was also the first time random strangers wanted to take your picture (we dressed you in a hula skirt for the opening luau at Daddy's work convention, and you were absolutely the hit of the party!) I know I say this all the time, but seriously, Sydney, Daddy and I could NOT love you any more than we already do!

- I'm not certain how much you weigh this month, but I would guess around 16 lbs. (I thought about trying to weigh you in a tote bag with our new luggage scale!) You still wear mostly 3-6 or 6 month clothes and size 2 diapers. You finally outgrew your size 0 sandals, but the size 1s we have are still a little big.
- You are very talkative lately! The day we left to go to Hawaii, you started babbling consonant/vowel combinations, mostly "babababa", "dadadada", "mamamama", and "vavavava", instead of just humming or grunting sounds. You also really like to "sing"! (When we say "sing", you open your mouth and hold a long sound so we can tap your lips and make it vibrate.)

- You started crawling the day after you started talking! You still don't go very fast, although that sort of suits your laid-back personality. You usually go 2-3 steps and pause, putting your head to the ground and your booty up in the air before you sit up and look around. However, you were very excited to crawl around the living room last night when we got home and I think you're going to really start exploring now that we're back in familiar territory.
- While we were in Hawaii, you started waving on your own. I think you were doing it for a day or two before we realized that you were intentionally waving when people said "hi" or "bye bye". It started out with you just turning your wrist, waving like a princess in a parade- oh my word, it's the cutest thing ever! You sometimes wave bigger now, too, with your whole arm. It's adorable!

- We went to the beach several times, and you never really seemed to like it. I think the waves, even though they were small, overwhelmed you. You didn't mind the sand, and I was very proud that you played with it and never tried to eat it. I think we'll probably just stick to the pool for a while, because you LOVE splashing around in your float.

- You held hands with a boy for the first time (Daddy did NOT want me to call him your first boyfriend!). Finn is a week older than you, and he & his mommy and daddy spent a whole week with us in Hawaii. You & Finn always wanted to see each other in your strollers, and you played really well together, sharing your toys and pacifiers. The two of you held each other's hands a lot, and seemed to like it!

- Your good sleeping habits got really messed up on our trip. Before we left, you were usually sleeping 11 hours at night and taking 2-3 good naps during the day. I hope it doesn't take you too long to get readjusted to sleeping in your own bed.
- You're also starting to pull up to a standing position. You've only done it a few times so far, but I think it's because you haven't found many things just the right height to hold on to. You are so proud of yourself when you get up.

- You love trying new foods. You are always happy to have Cheerios and puffs (and while you can pick them up, you sometimes have a hard time releasing them in your mouth so you appreciate help). You have tried- and liked- pineapple, snow cone, frozen lemonade, dill pickles and apple juice.
- You like any toy you can put in your mouth or that makes music!
You're awesome, Sydney! Daddy & I are so thankful that we get to be your parents. We love you "big time"!
Hugs & Kisses,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment