Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Not So Wordless

Sorry, I think I forgot to post a picture last Wednesday, and I definitely didn't post a 9-week picture yesterday... I've had too much going on! Much to Sydney's Nana's dismay, I'm not spending a lot of time online uploading pictures. I can't help it- we're having too much fun to stop for the computer!



9 Weeks Old
Life is good. We have been so blessed- Sydney is such a good baby, and I try very hard to make sure I don't take that for granted. She & I got out every day last week which was nice. We ran errands, we went to the mall to walk around with another friend & her baby, we went to visit Rob's parents, we met a friend for lunch...  It's definitely getting easier to get out and about with her. It also helps that we've gotten on a good schedule, so I'm able to anticipate when Sydney is going to be hungry or tired. I love that she's so laid back and goes with the flow.

Sydney & Rob had some quality father-daughter bonding time last night while I went out with some girlfriends. The Melting Pot (a fondue restaurant) hosted a "27 Dresses"-themed girls' night out event. While Rob taught Syd about the fine art of grilling steaks, I put on a bridesmaid dress for our dinner out! Sydney almost got to come with me- we even had a party dress for her to wear- but I'm glad she got to spend that time with her daddy.
This morning, I found myself on the Mom side of a parent/babysitter chat. Weird! I had to go take care of something at Rob's office so I called my friend Jennifer to see if she could hang out with Sydney. When I asked her if she was free, she asked "Do I GET to babysit?" I'm thankful for friends who are so eager to help! I had no doubt that Sydney was in good hands (Jennifer has raised two girls of her own), but I still found myself chomping at the bit to get home the whole time I was gone. She said that Syd gave her a funny look when she woke up from her morning nap and found her here; fortunately she got over it quickly and they had a good time. Poor Sydney wasn't feeling very good, though, and was a little bit fussy by the time I got home. (I don't think Jennifer minded holding her when she realized that would help comfort her) About 30 minutes after I got home I found the source of Sydney's discomfort in her diaper. Poor baby was having tummy issues! I'm a little concerned that the may be having a reaction to the Rotavirus vaccine that she got on Monday... we'll have to see how long this lasts I guess.
Ok, I think that pretty much catches us up for now. It's going to have to- computer time is up!! I'll leave you with a couple more pictures, just for you Nana!



1 comment:

  1. I'm super impressed that you can fit in an old bridesmaids dress at two months post-partum! Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete