Dear Syd,
Happy Birthday, Sweet Baby Girl! While I call you that quite a lot, you certainly are not much of a baby anymore. I am daily amazed at how smart, how polite, how BIG you are lately! Everyone told me when you were born to savor every minute because time would fly by, and they were so right. It's like you were just born yesterday, and I woke up and today you're two! I wish I could freeze time, because there are so many things about you right now that I want to hang on to forever.
You're still a tiny little firecracker; good things come in small packages. I think you probably weigh 23 or 24 pounds now, and you're about 32" tall. You wear mostly 12-18 month clothes and size 4 shoes. You wear size 4 diapers- just at night! (Potty training is going well; I'm really proud of you!) Your vocabulary is very good, with the normal toddler articulation hiccups- "Hen-wy" (Henry) "Pins-pess" (princess) You also have your own way of saying a few other things that Daddy & I just love... "Mawndaddy" (C'mon Daddy- his favorite) "SONOO" (Sonic) "Skoo" (school) "Care-care" & "Lis-lis" (your friends Caroline & Lizzie) "Bapples & sea-bup" (waffles & syrup- your favorite breakfast)
There is just so much that I love about you, that I never want to forget about this time in your life... the way you think you're supposed to be on your knees to brush your teeth, because that's what Mommy always does... the way you say your ABC's, and say "bubba-ex!" for W-X, and always say it excitedly... the way you "sing" along with us to "You are My Sunshine" before you go to bed, only saying the last word of every line... that when I tell you to talk you louder, you just raise your pitch and talk squeaky at the same soft volume... that you say, "Hold you" when you want to be held... that you sometimes call out for Daddy, and if he doesn't answer you switch to "Rob!" or "Babe!" (for the record, he doesn't answer because he couldn't hear you, not because he's ignoring you)... the way you play with potholders and say "Hot-hot-hot!" all the time
I try really hard not to compare you to other kids your age, but of course, Daddy & I think you're a genius! You know and can identify all of the ABC's and you can count to twelve. You can spot a Servpro symbol or Sonic from a mile away. You know where on the interstate we get off to go home, and where we get off to go to Daddy's office. You go to preschool one day a week and LOVE it!
You know when you're ready to go to bed, and you never fuss to stay up; you willingly say "Night-night" and turn and head upstairs eagerly, and you sleep until 7-8 in the morning (thank you!). You love to help put away the clean silverware from the dishwasher and you love to sweep. You love to climb and jump and slide.
We celebrated your birthday today with a special party at the Monkey's Treehouse. Friends from church, your school class, and our neighborhood came to celebrate with you! I wish we had gotten a picture of the group, but you were too busy playing. You had a blast at your party, and that was exactly the point! It was really fun, though, showing you the pictures later- you knew everyone's name, and were excited to see them again on the computer screen.
There is so much I could say about you. You are the most amazing girl, Syd. Daddy & I think we are the luckiest people in the world to have you for a daughter- we love you more than you'll ever know!
Love, love, love,
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment