I've enjoyed writing these updates so much, I decided we're going to keep them going for a little while longer. You're just changing so quickly- it's hard to keep up with you and all you're learning and doing!
You are a girl on the move! You walk boldly and confidently, and faster every day! It won't be long before you're running. I love watching you toddle around. It's not just walking though- you climb on everything! You crack me up-- you got a miniature rocking chair for your birthday that's just your size. Instead of walking to the front of it to sit, you usually climb over the arm on the side (making it much more difficult than it has to be)! Maybe it's just more fun for you that way; it's definitely fun to watch you!
You are all girl! You love purses and shoes, and could even identify your accessories before you started learning your body parts (boots & bows before tummy, ears and nose). You got a purse from Aunt Mindi for Christmas, and you carry it all over the house. I think your favorites are your pink furry boots.
You've become much more responsive with your affections lately. You give hugs and kisses all the time, and you "love" your baby dolls (hugging them close while patting their backs). You are still very much a social butterfly, waving at strangers, smiling at everyone, and saying "Hi!" to people everywhere we go. Syd, one of my favorite things about you is watching other people's genuine joy when you smile or wave at them. I love that you make people smile every single day, and I pray that you will do that forever. Daddy's favorite thing right now is that you wait for him at the back door every night when he gets home with a big hug and a "Hi Dada". If you could say pony, he would totally buy you one. The only place you aren't social is at Sunday School, which breaks my heart. Our church is fabulous, and it breaks my heart that you don't love it yet. You will one day, soon I hope!
You are becoming more verbal. I think you can say a lot more than you do. Lately, your most frequent words are HI and DADA! You also say BOW, BYE BYE, MAMA, and BOOK. You also try to say MORE, ELMO, and lots of other things. In addition to waving, you sign MORE and EAT, and you are starting to point at things you want. Your receptive language is awesome- you understand so much! You love music, love to dance, and your favorite song is Happy Birthday to You!!
You're a really good eater and a great sleeper. You usually go to be around 7:30 and wake up sometime between 7-8. You still take 2 naps during the day (some days really short, but some days up to 2 hours at a time). You're not very picky, although you seem to be taking after your mommy's dislike of fruit (which I'm not proud of). You have tasted- and spit out- grapes and bananas. I wonder if it's a texture issue (it is for me). I'm going to keep trying them- except maybe the bananas, we can share that dislike!
| Taken today, 12/17/10 |
Love, mommy
LOVE that first picture in her purple!!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet!
Please tell Rob thanks again for letting Andrew and his guys tail gate at your all's spot yesterday.
Precious Niecy!! I just started our 14 month blog today! I love these girls growing up! It seems to hit all at once doesn't it!! Kisses to my dear Syd! Luv and Suggas from JoJo
ReplyDelete