You're growing up so fast! I cannot believe how quickly the time is passing. You are learning new things every day. Daddy and I are doing all we can to keep up with you and savor every minute. These days are precious, and we know they will be gone all too soon.
| Taken January 17, 2011 |
- Your language is exploding, both expressive and receptive! Daily, I'm surprised when I say something to you and you understand exactly what I'm saying. Verbally, you're not saying a whole lot more, but you're using a lot more sign language the past few weeks. You sign: milk, more, please, eat, all done. When you're hungry, you sign "more please" and go to your highchair!
- You are seriously one of the funniest people I know. You make me laugh every single day, and I love that about you!
- You're just such a social butterfly, and so sweet to everyone. Our friends battle for your affection when they come over, and the girls in our community group "argue" over who GETS to babysit you. Mommy & Daddy's date nights are usually because someone called and asked if they could hang out with you for a while without us-- such a blessing!
- You have started "running". You don't move much faster than your normal pace, but you open your eyes wide, open your mouth, and fling your hands behind you when we ask if you want to run. It's awesome!
- You love to dance. You have a LeapFrog Fridge Farm, but instead of playing with all the animal magnets, you carry the farm around like a boom box and constantly press the button to play music (Daddy loves that you're so into banjo!) Mostly, your dancing is bouncing at the knees as you smile. You also love to twirl, and do it all the time.
- You are a CLIMBER! We have to be really careful where we leave things- everything is a step to you. You've climbed onto your music table, the coffee table, the dishwasher, the ottoman... and when you get up you stand up and proudly look around, as if you're thinking, "I'm on top of the world!"
- You're getting more interested in Sesame Street. The only characters you try to name are Elmo ("el-bow") and Ernie ("ee-wie").
- You like to help me empty the dishwasher. I let you do the silverware. You pull each piece out, one at a time, and hand them to me to put in the drawer. It takes so much longer than doing it myself, but I enjoy letting you do it. I think you like to know you're helping mommy.
- You're very sensitive. Daddy telling you No is so much more effective than a spanking or time out. But you also show your tender heart with others: last week I watched you play peek-a-boo with your baby doll in her stroller. When you were done, you sweetly tucked her blanket around her and kissed her before you said "bye-bye" and walked away. It brought tears to my eyes watching you nurture your baby.
- We've got a new morning routine that I love. We go downstairs when you wake up, I fix you a cup of milk, and turn on Sesame Street or Fraggle Rock for you while I sit down to read my Bible. You usually stand around for a minute or two, and then come pat the couch next to me, asking me to pull you up. Then you snuggle up under my arm and relax until I'm done and get up to fix breakfast.
Syd, you got a CD for your birthday, and there's a song on it called "My Baby Loves to Dance" and every time I hear it, I think it was written just for us... My baby loves to dance, she loves to spin around, she's only two feet tall, but I don't mind at all, she hears a song in every little sound... And my baby loves to move, she rests upon my chest, she doesn't stay for long, a moment- then she's gone, she's off to find another heart to bless...
Bless my heart, you do, Baby Girl. I love you so much more than I can say, and I thank God every day that I get to be your mommy.
Love, mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment