Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanks-mas

I'm one of three girls, and we all live in different states. When the first of us got married, we all agreed that we would all go home for the same winter holiday every year, Thanksgiving or Christmas, and alternate the years. This was our year to be in New Orleans for Thanksgiving, which meant it was Christmas there on Friday (at least, at my parents' house it was!). We had such a fun time!
I can't say enough how thankful I am that Sydney is a good traveler. I was really nervous about flying out on "the busiest air travel day of the year", especially in light of the ridiculous new TSA tactics. Fortunately, my anxiety was for nothing- security was a breeze, and there was actually the lightest crowd we've seen at the Nashville airport in a long time. Our gate was right across from a fantastic new play area for kids, which we took full advantage of!
Sydney had a great time in Louisiana... she feasted on her first Thanksgiving cajun smoked turkey and Christmas seafood gumbo, she got pushed on the swing outside every day, and of course got tons of attention from her Nana & Papaw and aunts & uncles (but not so much from her cousin!). She must have played hard- she took two TWO HOUR naps each day while we were there. I wish she did that at home! She started saying "Hi!" while we were there, and I hear it about 472 times a day now (it's so sweet, I don't think it will ever get old).
I think her favorite Christmas gift was a purse from my sister. She carried it everywhere! It was funny to me, because I haven't carried a purse since I started carrying a diaper bag, so I'm not sure where she's seen that. Maybe the girly desire to accessorize is just innate! Either way, she was precious walking all over the house with it.

Hanging out with Nana outside

Christmas monkeys

Thanks, Aunt Kayla!


Guess who got bows for Christmas!

And boots! (holding them up to show me)

Snack time


Trying to get a picture with all the great-grandkids

With Shannon & Chloe- One of my best girlfriends from college and her girl

No comments:

Post a Comment