Syd and I have been blessed with some great friends, in particular, our playgroup. Our church experienced a baby boom last winter. Actually, it was more like a baby sonic boom! Our playgroup was born not long after our babies.
 |
| At the Nashville Zoo last month |
We initially got together to form a support group and just called it playgroup because it sounded less pitiful! We were all brand new moms who had just quit our jobs to stay home with our babies and were trying to figure things out. Our babies were all about the same age, so they were experiencing a lot all at the same time. The support was amazing! Don't get me wrong- I've got plenty of family and other friends who have had babies and are great moms, and they've all been incredibly supportive since the day I found out I was pregnant. But these four friends were
right there with me-- struggling with the same things and celebrating the same tiny victories that other people might not have understood. We haven't always been able to answer each others questions, and we don't pretend to know everything! We agree that there is no confidence killer like having a baby. We've discussed everything there is to talk about relating to babies, and a whole lot more. I love that Syd now recognizes these other babies as her friends in other settings. I hope we will still get together regularly until our babies go off to school (and maybe then we'll still need the mommy support group!).
 |
| The girls at our very first playgroup back in February |
 |
| The girls last week |
love this, Jess!!
ReplyDelete