Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dinnertime!

Syd is eating about 75% table food now and only 25% baby food (which I think is impressive considering she still only has two teeth!). I enjoyed making her baby food- it was a lot easier than I anticipated and I liked knowing that I wasn't feeding her a lot of unnatural preservatives. We're working our way through the last batch of homemade fruits & veggies in the freezer now. Here's a little "taste" of Sydney enjoying her favorite meal- pureed squash & zucchini with garlic, mixed with rice cereal.

2 comments:

  1. Don't underestimate the power of gumming! Julian has no teeth...that's right...no teeth, and he regularly eats what we eat for meals. His favorite breakfast: cinnamon raisin toast with cream cheese and a piece of fruit (oranges and figs are current favorites!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HILARIOUS!! I did literally just crack up!! It's 12:23am and I am still giggling over here. That little stinker is so cute!! The twisty sassy wave and wide open mouth ready for a bite! Squash and Zucchini sound WONDERFUL together! We may have to give that making baby food thing a go, b/c we hate trying to feed AB some of the stuff that's out there and get tired of PB&J and Paminto Cheese sandwiches for lunch. You have given me even more wonderful ideas sis! Love you. Can't wait to see my teeny tiny Dixon girl!

    ReplyDelete