Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pitiful

Sydney has a problem. And as much as I feel for her, I'm somewhat amused by the situation. She started rolling front to back a month ago. Although she did it a lot for about a week or so, she wasn't really "consistent" and had all but stopped rolling over recently. Sunday, she rolled back to front for the first time, and today she's rolled over to her tummy EVERY time I've laid her down.

The problem? SYDNEY HATES TUMMY TIME.

And she can't seem to remember that she can roll back onto her back. Which means that if I lay her down, within minutes she's on her tummy and whining about it. Seriously, I'm not sure how to help our girl. I know I need to let her lay there and figure it out, but yall, the whining and crying is absolutely pitiful. PITIFUL! And I really do feel awful for her even though I'm giggling at her predicament. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. Aww....bless her. I must admit that definitely made me giggle too though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's hard but keep giving her that tummy time. She WILL figure it out again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we put the boppy under Julian's chest so that even when he flops his head down, his face isn't planted in the floor. And just wait until she does a full 360! J did that recently and was quite pleased with himself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge advocate for tummy time! AB's been sleeping on her tummy since she was about 6 weeks old. It's made her super strong and mobile....which is proving to be a little more crazy than anticipated!! But she'll get it. One thing we did some when she forgot how to get back over early on, was take her favorite toy and shake it in front of her, get eye contact, and take it over her head so her head will follow it and KERPLOP, she'll have it again!! :)

    ReplyDelete