Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Remembering Again

Today is a special day in our house. A few weeks ago, I wrote about the struggle I was going through last year. Well, March 9, 2009, is the day that struggle ended. We found out we were going to have a baby. Sydney wasn't born until November 17, but March 9 was the day I became a mom.
I've spent time this morning re-reading the email I sent to my girlfriends and the update we posted on our blog. I was in such a fog. But I remember every single detail of that day. I remember where I was standing in Target when the pain first pierced my abdomen. I remember the clothes Rob picked out and brought me to wear to the hospital. I remember what was on the TV in the ER waiting room. I told Sydney all about it this morning. I also remember the look on Rob's face when the doctor told us over the phone, "Well, you had a positive pregnancy test..."
We didn't get to come up with a fun, clever way to tell our families and friends. They were expecting us to get on a plane the next day; we had to tell them why we weren't. And we needed them to pray with us. The doctor wasn't confident that my pregnancy was viable. I'm so thankful she was wrong! So we made phone calls and sent out an email. No fanfare, but tons of joy.
I was only about 4 weeks along when we found out, and they couldn't even see Sydney on an ultrasound. My mom asked us if the baby was the size of a grain of sand. "Not sand, a pearl," was my response. And our tiny baby was affectionately nicknamed "Pearl".
It was the start of an incredible journey. It has been an amazing year, and I'm in awe of what God has done for us. It feels like yesterday we were praying for our little Pearl, but in reality, yesterday I was smiling at this...


I love you, Baby Girl! I'm so glad you're mine!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! What a precious picture of Sydney!! And what a precious memory you'll always have of how God does GREAT things!! What a blessing! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete