Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 17 - Four Months!

Sweet Baby Girl,
The days are passing WAY too quickly! I can't believe you are already four months old. You are still a tiny thing, but you seem so big, especially when I look back at pictures from the past four months. You are changing constantly, growing bigger, and smarter, and more and more fun every single day.
I love to sit and watch you take in the world around you. Your expressions are always so thoughtful as you drink in everything happening around you. It's really neat to see you studying something with a furrowed brow for a few minutes, and slowly begin exploring as "the lightbulb comes on". You are discovering new things about yourself and the world every day.

- Stats: (I'll come back and add the official numbers tomorrow after your check-up); I'm guessing you weigh around 12lbs
- You are now wearing mostly 3 month clothes. You still have a few newborn onesies that fit, and I've started putting some of your 3-6 month clothes on even though they're too big! We never go anywhere without a bow; I tell people that's your signature look! You finally have enough hair to clip in your small bows instead of a headband.
- You have found your hands and are starting to reach for things. You've found your thumb a few times, but I usually take it away if I see you sucking it. You have started grabbing your feet in the last few days. Your favorite toy is your ball.
- When I put you on the changing table to "get you a new booty", you usually smile and throw your feet up in the air like you're happy about a fresh diaper.

- When you are laying on your right side (nursing, sleeping, whatever), your left hand is almost always rubbing circles on your head. It's funny to me that I've noticed you doing this all the time! I hope this doesn't mean you've got OCD =)
- Tummy time has become more tolerable since you figured out how to push up on your elbows. You rolled over a few times last week, but you don't do it every time, or even every day.

- You like to kick and splash in the bathtub. Funny enough, you don't laugh & smile while you're kicking; you look very serious, like you're concentrating hard.
- You've started drooling and blowing bubbles. A lot.
- You are usually very happy (although you've started having more fussy time in the evenings). I love that you go to bed and fall right asleep and you wake up happy. Nothing makes me happier than going to get you in the mornings and seeing you smile up at me! You usually sleep 10-11 hours at night, and take 3 naps during the day.

Syd, I can't get enough of you! Daddy & I are absolutely crazy about you!! Our lives are so much better because of you, and we love you more and more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment