Thursday, March 17, 2011

March 17 - Sixteen Months

Oh, Syd! Time is passing so quickly, and all of a sudden you seem so big! You are so much fun, and Daddy and I can't get enough of you. Everyone has been asking this week if you've had a hard time adjusting to Daylight Savings Time; to be honest, it's Daddy & I who have had trouble, not you! We love hanging out with you, and haven't put you to bed before 8:30 once this week (normally you go to bed between 7-7:30!). The up-side of that, for me, is that you've been taking extra long naps during the day!

Taken today, 3/17
- My precious tiny girl, you're growing! We just finally had to get you some 12 month pajamas today. You wear 6-12 month and 12-18 month clothes now. All the brands are different, and summer clothes seem to have a little more room. You have no idea you're so small though- your spirit is HUGE!!

- That huge spirit of yours is incredibly fearless. You are afraid of nothing (except the vacuum!), and aren't timid when it comes to trying new things. You love to climb and slide and swing- the higher the better! Our favorite playground has a toddler area, but I have a hard time keeping you there. You want to climb with the big kids, and you do- well. Just as impressive-- you're careful in your boldness, and while you're generally a daredevil, you're safe about it and pay attention to what you're doing rather than just hauling off with reckless abandon.


The whole video didn't post, but yes, you made it all the way up by yourself

- You're up to seven teeth! I just found the most recent one today. You love brushing your teeth, and you show them off when you smile big.

- Also impressive is your appetite, especially considering your size. There are days when you seem to eat very little, but you more than make up for those days on all the others. We recently gave you your first rice krispy treat, and I thought you were going to jump out of your skin you were so excited! You also really like pizza, chinese food, peanut butter, and grapes. You've also started asking for chicken (I think that's the only specific food sign you know).

- You really like coloring with markers. I think we're going to try finger painting soon. You play with your baby dolls all the time (and are such a sweet mommy to them). And of course, you LOVE playing outside.

- You run to the door when Daddy comes home. Every time the phone rings, you get excited and say over and over again, "Dad-dy! Dad-dy!" If I ask you, "Who loves you?", you smile shyly and whisper, "Dad-dy!" I think it's a safe bet to say you're absolutely a daddy's girl (and he is equally smitten with you!). I love the way you two delight in one another.

- You are a little obsessed with talking on the phone. Or the remote. Or a spoon. You hold all variety of objects up to your hear and say "HI!" If the phone is not close by when it rings, you run for it and bring it to me. Daddy thinks you go on "Hi" overload when you wake up because you haven't spoken in 12 hours. We usually hear "Hi" about a hundred times in the first ten minutes you're awake.

- We don't watch a lot of tv, but the one show you'll stop to watch is The Backyardigans. You dance when you hear the theme song coming on. (Of all the kids shows we've tried out, it's one of my favorites too)

- You know the hand motions to Patty-Cake, The Itsy-Bitsy Spider, This Little Light of Mine, and you're working on He's Got the Whole World In His Hands. Just yesterday, you started helping Lulu (your baby doll) play patty-cake too. Oh my goodness, it's so sweet...

- Nicknames we call you regularly: Syd, Sydapotamus, Love Bug, Pumpkin, Sweet Pea, Cutie Pie, Cutie Bug, Crazy, and Silly Goose (there may be more too, but that's all I can think of right now).

Sydney, you are one of the funniest, sweetest, most amazing people I know. I am so thankful every day that God chose me to be your mommy. I love you so much, Baby Girl!!!

love,   mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment