Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Daddy-Daughter Day

I took the day off Saturday. Two girlfriends came in from out of town (two of my best girls from my years in the Czech Republic) for a day of eating, relaxing, talking, and general catching up. Which meant Rob was on duty all day. I had a fabulous day, and I'm pretty sure Sydney and Rob did too!

He started by getting Syd up and letting me sleep in while he made breakfast for all of us. Yum! While we girls were out at lunch, I received a picture on my phone from Rob...
"At lunch at Arby's"
My response was: "Pajamas? And no bow? Seriously?!" =) Rob defended himself by telling me that she was wearing jeans with her pj shirt. Well, that's much better! Haha!

That evening when I got home, I asked Rob about the rest of their day. He said they were going to Home Depot after lunch, but he changed his mind because it was raining and he wasn't sure how to get her out of the carseat without getting wet. I asked him what they ate for dinner, specifically Syd... "Buffalo chicken strips, chopped tomatoes, and half a biscuit with grape jelly." What?!

So, Daddy didn't dress her the way I would have. And he didn't feed her what I would have. But he loves her like crazy and they had a fun day! And who am I to complain-- he also cleaned up and caught up the laundry! I'm so thankful for such a great husband and father in Rob. And I think we're all looking forward to their next Daddy-Daughter day!

1 comment: