Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 17 - Seven Months

Oh Sweet Sydney,

Where do I start? You are growing so fast, right before our very eyes! It's exciting and awesome, and just a tiny bit bittersweet, all at the same time. You are not such a little baby anymore... you're an adventurous, outgoing, fun, determined, feisty little girl. I thank God every morning that I get to spend my days with you; it's incredible to watch you exploring the world around you. In some ways, I'm living vicariously through you- rejoicing over your successes, feeling your pain, and voicing your frustrations right alongside you. You are amazing and I'm honored that I get to be YOUR mommy!
- You may be small in stature, but you more than make up for it in personality! You're still a little thing, probably only about 15 lbs now. You wear mostly 3-6 and 6 month clothes, and just moved up into size 2 diapers.

- You are a ham, and you love attention from strangers! You turn on your charm when an unfamiliar person talks to you, and smile all the time at people. Daddy & I love that you are so comfortable around people you don't know well.

- You're making big progress eating baby foods. You seem to like homemade fruits better than the Gerber ones, and seem to especially like peaches and peas. The only food you have refused to swallow is avocado.
- You started eating snack foods this week, beginning with "puffs". When I let you feed yourself, about every third one ends up in your mouth; the others get dropped or stick to your hands.

- You are trying so hard to crawl, and I think you're going to get it very soon. You're able to get up onto your knees, and have gotten into "rocking position" a few times. You're also starting to try to pull up on everything, and you love standing up by yourself.

- We've been going to the pool and you seem to really enjoy it. You love bouncing up and down, and kicking and splashing on your own (just like in the bathtub). I don't want you to be afraid of the water like I am, so we go underwater at least once every time we go to the pool and I'm glad you don't mind that.
- Your hair is really starting to grow longer and thicker. It's getting lighter too. We can't tell yet if it's going to be curly or straight... I'm holding out hope for curls!

- You are totally a Daddy's girl; when he comes home in the evenings you light up with a huge smile. You think everything he does is funny.
- Your favorite toys right now are your leapfrog learning table, Cocoa the purple elephant, rings, your squishy ball, and your cell phone (and Mommy's cell phone when you can grab it!). You still play with your toes a lot too, but not nearly as much since you don't spend much time on your back anymore.

- We go to playgroup once a week with Ellie, Caroline, Evan and George. I really think you're starting to recognize your friends and get excited when you see them.
- We went on our first road trip to Louisiana this month. Although you didn't really like riding in the car for that long, you were very sweet once we got there. I wish you had slept better while we were there; maybe next time!

Sydney, your Daddy & I love you soooooooo much!!! We can't get enough of you!
Love,   mommy

2 comments:

  1. Cute! And getting so big!

    I'm sure you have already heard this, but when she starts crawling...WATCH OUT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Syd!! You're getting so big!! Annabelle can't wait to come over and go swimming again. Maybe ya'll can chat while you swim!?? Love you so! Aund JoJo

    ReplyDelete