Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl! You're half-way to your first birthday already! You showed us what a big girl you are during the flood earlier this month as you charmed the neighborhood and brought hundreds of smiles during a very stressful time. You have never met a stranger, and you love to smile at people you don't know. You're a ham when we're out in public, and I'm always so proud when I hear someone say how cute you are (which is often!). Sydney, you're a huge blessing in a tiny package, and Daddy & I love you so much!
- You're a little bitty firecracker at 14 lbs, 24.5 inches. You wear mostly 3-6 month clothes, but you do still fit into a few 0-3 month things! 0 and 0-3 month sandals fit you best.
- Your hair is really starting to grow, and I think you may be a blonde. I love that we can clip small bows into your hair now, in addition to your headbands. Bows are still your "signature accessory".
- I think we've moved past the evening fussy-time stage. You usually go to bed between 7:30 and 8:30, and wake up around 7:00. You usually move around quite a bit in your sleep, and I sometimes worry that you're not resting well, but no matter how you sleep you wake up happy. When we go in to get you in the morning, you are so excited to see us!
- You still don't have any teeth, but you've been showing "signs" of teething for a while now. I'm not worried about it at all, I just worry sometimes that you're in pain. I sure hope not.
- You roll around on the floor, although I don't think you're moving intentionally yet. You definitely aren't immobile anymore, so I can't lay you on the floor and expect to find you in the same place when I come back. I wonder when you're going to start crawling. (Even though everyone says that it will be harder on me, I'm excited for you)
- You can sit up really well now. You like sitting up to play and riding in the grocery cart. Your posture is excellent (I'm a little jealous.)
- Your favorite toys lately are your squishy ball, your purple elephant "Coco" (we named him that because he mysteriously smells like hot chocolate), your Leapfrog learning table, and your rabbit/dog that sings Jesus Loves Me. You're also really into your toes!!
- You love bath time. I'm not sure if it's the water or the mirror that you like best. I can't wait to take you to the pool this summer!
- You're really into paper and books lately. Whenever we read to you or sing using the bulletins from church you grab at them.
We love you so much, Sydney!! Thanks for bringing so much happiness to our home!
Love, mommy & daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment