We're bundling up our sweet Sydney and breaking out of this place! She's been successfully off oxygen for nearly 18 hours now and her pediatrician feels like we will need to chalk this up to a shaky transition from the fetal environment to the world. We'll be able to share a little more later, but wanted to get this exciting news out for now!
Thank you SO MUCH for your continued prayers for Sydney, Rob & me over these past four days and now as we go home again to begin settling in as a family of three.
Oh, praise the greatness of our God! Deuteronomy 32:3
Praise God! Just what I was hoping to read when I got on the blog this morning! We will continue to pray for your family as you return home and embark on still a lot of newness, as well as the emotional roller coaster you've been on. We pray that God would calm your hearts and not allow you to be anxious about whether she is doing okay at home without monitoring, but that you would trust HIM to protect and care for His sweet child. Hope you had a good experience with the 7th floor at VCH but stay as far away as possible in the future!!!
ReplyDeleteMay I suggest "From the Womb to the World" as you next blog post.
ReplyDeleteI'm so thankful to hear that things are going well with the new family! I will definitely continue to pray for you all as you continue your journey together. I know God is using this to bond the three of you even stronger together. Thanks for keeping us updated on how things have been going. Reading about your hospital stay from a mom's perspective has helped me to keep in mind how scary some of the things we do for patients every day really can be. I'm trying to remember that and spend extra time explaining to and comforting my patients as much as I can...again you continue to impact my life! :) Lucky lucky baby girl Sydney to have a mommy and daddy like you and Rob!
ReplyDelete