Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hippity, Hoppity, Happy Easter!

I love Easter- it's always such a refreshing time for, and I love setting aside time for a few days to think on Jesus' resurrection and how much God loves us... I'm so thankful! We went to our church's Good Friday service (always an incredible blessing) and of course the Easter service. Such a great weekend!

We also took Sydney to a couple of Easter egg hunts in the days leading up to Easter weekend. The first one was at Rob's parents' church, and it was sort of a madhouse! We'd had freezing rain that week in Nashville, so they moved the hunt indoors. There were just so many people crammed into a not huge space, but it was still fun! I wasn't sure how Syd would do, but Rob and I agreed that we would just help her out and let her do her own thing (some parents were scrambling around picking up eggs for their kids; we just pointed and stayed close behind her!). She picked up 5 or 6 eggs and put them into her basket, and then she'd had enough, so we just walked around!
The second hunt was for our community, sponsored by a local church, at a favorite park. There were hundreds of kids there, however it was very well planned and sectioned off for different age groups. Syd did a little better the second time- until she found a stick, which was apparently way more exciting to her than a bunch of plastic eggs!! We laughed, and let her carry the stick around for a while before she put it into her basket. However, once she discovered there was candy in the eggs, she wanted to grab every egg in sight, including those already in other people's baskets!

She got a basket from the "Easter bunny", with a few small toys and things to play with and just a little bit of candy to share with Mommy & Daddy. We spent Easter afternoon in Gallatin with Rob's family, and Syd & her cousin Annabelle played on the porch in their diapers & bows for the longest time (how do I not have any pictures of that?!).

No comments:

Post a Comment