So, I attempted fingerpainting with Sydney for the first time today- Not necessarily my smartest move! I learned an important lesson, though. If she's going to be doing something that requires assistance and I want to take pictures, GET HELP! It seemed like such a sweet idea to get Sydney's handprints for her Sunday School teachers' appreciation letters and birthday cards for Rob's and my moms.
It all started out beautifully. It was a gorgeous afternoon, and I knew there was a potential for a big mess, so it seemed logical to take this plan outside to the patio. I put a smock on Syd and neatly arranged a few small dabs of paint on a plate for her. Syd delicately stuck her fingers into the paint, and I proudly snapped away.
"This is perfect," I thought. Then our sweet, picturesque afternoon quickly began to unravel...
It all started downhill when Sydney decided the fingerpaint looked tasty. Blondie suddenly looked like Shrek! "Oh no, Baby! Don't EAT the paint! Get your fingers out of your mouth!" I was trying to carefully balance my camera on my back while I grabbed one of the two damp papertowels I had brought outside with us (only two?!? Haha, that was ambitious, Jess!).
"No, no, Pumpkin, don't touch your bow!"
"Uh-uh, Syd, don't rub your eyes, Baby!"
While I was trying to grab Syd and not drop the camera, a neighbor's dog decided to come down a few doors and see what all the commotion was about (we don't have fences in our backyards).
"Pup-pup!!!!"
"NOOOO- Syd, don't touch the puppy!"
Frantically, I looked up and saw the dogs owner standing on her patio watching this whole mess go down as she chatted away on the phone.
I yelled down to her that she was going to have to come get him herself because by this time Syd and I were both covered in fingerpaint and I couldn't help wrangle the dog. She did come rescue the puppy, but not before he got a purple streak down his blonde back!
Maybe I should have sacrificed the camera for the sake of documenting our afternoon, but it's too late to think about now. Oh well, I did get one shot of the end results...
The dog got it WAY worse!!
You're funny! Some times I let the kids fingerpaint in the bath tub. I tape paper on the bath tub wall, paint on the edges, strip them down to the diaper/undies, and let them go. Then, when they're all done, they get a quick bath.
ReplyDelete